"Oh Pun!" says...uh, me.

[This space reserved for something creative. It may be awhile.]

January 17, 2007

Lists

I'm definitely a list maker. At work I have a number of handwritten lists, with tasks to be performed (sometimes prioritized, even). I keep a list of books I've read since 1994. I create schedules of things to get done at home, although to be fair a number of those have been created by my wife. When I was in college, a few of my friends and I would come up with a topic in class and then each have fifteen minutes to develop a Top 10 List, with David Letterman as our muse. My yearly goals are an important list for me.

Not surprisingly, I enjoy reading a good list as much as anyone. That's why I was very happy to be directed to the 2006 List of Lists published by a site called Fimoculous. It's a veritable all-you-can-eat buffet of the best and worst of the year in many different categories, with links to where each list was developed. Top Politically Incorrect Words? It's there. Have a favorite Top Reality Whore? Check if they've made the cut. What about something a bit more obscure, like the Top Eight Paleontology Stories? Your appetite will be sated. Unfortunately, they're up to just #36 on Asshole of the Year (Kevin Federline), but check back in just over a month to see who made #2.

Obviously, the List of Lists also contains the more common (and relevant) categories such as books (50 lists), DVDs (8), film (81), games (14) and music (228!). It would be easy to get diverted from your day for hours at a time at this site. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home