"Oh Pun!" says...uh, me.

[This space reserved for something creative. It may be awhile.]

December 28, 2006

Fantasy Football Winnings

I spent my winnings today on a new pair of running shoes (Asics) and a Garmin Forerunner (GPS, monitors pace, speed and time). These two items, along with this post, hopefully will get me remotivated to start running again. The last serious run I had was back in April in a corporate 5K, and before that it may have been my half marathon back in December of 2004. It's difficult for me to believe that I actually was able to run up to 14 miles in a row just two years ago. It's highly doubtful that I'd be able to run five miles straight right now, as I have gotten very out of shape. I'm not a huge person for resolutions, but I need to get back into good physical condition.

This is the second time I've spent fantasy football winnings on sports equipment. Three years ago I won a league and bought a weight bench and set of free weights. They are still looking great, sitting in my bedroom. They get dusted every two weeks. Who knows? I may even start using them again.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing similarities....Use of Gift Certificates
    Recently I spent my gift certificate on a tennis racquet and new tennis shoes. These two items, along with some reading of How To Be Heathly When You're Old As Dirt (not the actual title, but can't remember it), hopefully will get me remotivated to start some form of active sport again. I did play tennis a couple times back in the 1990's. It's difficult for me to believe that I actually was able to play an entire set just 15 years ago. It's highly doubtful that I'd be able to play even more than a couple of points right now, as I have gotten very out of shape. I'm not a huge person for resolutions, but I need to get back into good (OK, perhaps just better than I am now) physical condition.

    This is the second time I've spent gifted money on sports equipment. About 20 years ago I bought an exercise bike. It's still looking great, having been moved twice and now in the spare bedroom. No longer used simply to hang clothes on, it gets dusted every two weeks by the cleaning lady. Who knows? I may even start using it again (if I can get up the energy).

    Best of luck in your quest!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, January 01, 2007, Blogger Merge Divide said…

    I've been working out with 12 oz free weights. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll get a case of pounders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home