"Oh Pun!" says...uh, me.

[This space reserved for something creative. It may be awhile.]

December 27, 2006

Cowboys

How does a team choke like that, in a huge game at home? Against a rush defense that has been horrible over the past eight weeks, how can you not score from the one yard line, given three attempts? How can your defensive line allow a journeyman quarterback so much time to complete throws to guys on third and long that for some reason are not even covered? How can you gift wrap the NFC East title for a team without its star, after fighting so hard to get to the top of the division?

How?

What a lousy Christmas gift.

Grats to the Eagles, however. They showed up ready to win.

On a somewhat related note, I won my fantasy football league this season, which was a very nice Christmas present ($360). Thanks to the two owners drafting ahead of me this season who went with Shaun Alexander and Larry Johnson. I would have made the playoffs even without Tomlinson, however, because some of my later round picks really turned out to be good ones (Phillip Rivers, Maurice Drew-Jones, Marion Barber, the Ravens' defense). I won my last 11 games, something I don't think I've done in any arena since playing one-on-one basketball against my childhood friend Steve (who in all fairness is a foot shorter than me).

6 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, December 27, 2006, Blogger Dannalie said…

    That loss ruined Christmas for me!

    By the way, I grew up in Kissimmee.

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, December 27, 2006, Blogger Dagrims said…

    Thanks for the view and the comment! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

    I've been here in Orlando since '91, coming down to attend grad school at Rollins.

    If you haven't been to Kissimmee in the past ten years, I'm certain you'd be surprised to see how it looks now.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, December 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What can I say? Actually, quite alot, but suffice it to say:
    1. Glad the Eagles won, though I do feel sorry for the currently-hapless Cowboys.
    2. The best team won that day. Had I placed $$$ on the game, it would have been on Dallas.
    3. For whatever it's worth, the Eagles are playing much better as a team since McNabb went down. Whether it's because Garcia is better at the offense they run, or the players have stepped up in support of him moreso than Donovan, not sure. But, they are playing well, and Garcia has been playing at his best. Gez, it could have easily been Feeley.
    4. Parcell was a gentleman following the game.
    5. Glad you guys have T.O., no matter how great he plays against the Eagles (2 catches?). He is great for team chemistry, only if one is referring to what they wanted to do with the first chemistry set they got as a kid. Only he is much more successful at blowing things apart.
    6. Very happy you won your fantasy league. Great picks, great results.
    7. Had you played ME in one-on-one, there would have been no end to your string of victories.

     
  • At 1:56 AM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Merge Divide said…

    Yeah, yeah... I feel your pain. But it is important to remember that it could always be worse. For illustrative purposes- imagine if you liked only ONE team in all of sports...

    and that team happened to be the Philadelphia Flyers.

    Ya know what I mean?

     
  • At 7:22 AM, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merge, if the ONLY sports team you like is the Flyers, I don't even see how you'd have any pain left to feel for anyone else this year.
    I had the "privilege" of seeing them in person last month, and yes, that night they were as bad as the record suggests. I like them regardless, but it seems no one is talking about them around here, good or bad...of course, I don't get out much anymore.

    Dagrims, I can only imagine how this weekend's repeat of last week's events made you must feel. And, you can imagine how good I felt five minutes into the Eagles game, when it was announced that this other nameless team hand just handed them the division title. Who'd have thunk it, that a team was going to squeeze out ten wins in the East, and it would be Philly.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, January 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Which one of these is most likely to occur as a result of Dallas's crazy loss against the Seahawks?

    1. Bill Parcell's si so disgusted that the game was blown despite his coaching, and sees no reason to try again in '07.

    2. T.O. is once again recognized for providing more negatives than positives, and he is sent packing after losing fan support (sound familiar?)

    3. Tony Romo will NOT be the starting quaterback in dallas's opening next year.

    or

    All of the above!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home